Michigan Medicine is an internationally recognized leader in health care excellence. As such, it demands professionalism and the highest level of dedication from all of its departments. Security Services takes pride in being a department by which others are measured.
We provide a wide range of services for Michigan Medicine, including:
- loss prevention
- motorist assistance
- preliminary investigations
- incident documentation
We are a service-oriented department looking for security professionals to help achieve our mission of promoting a safe and secure environment for all persons utilizing the facilities and services of Michigan Medicine. We have an excellent orientation and ongoing training program.
- Provide security services, crowd control and escort services.
- Conduct security patrols and investigations.
- Interact with visitors, patients, faculty and staff in a variety of settings.
- Physically supervise uncontrolled situations in a professional manner.
- Monitor alarm and security systems.
- Answer 911 Emergency Calls.
- Initiate emergency procedures.
- Dispatch personnel as needed.
- Work in conjunction with the other University of Michigan Division of Public Safety & Security departments, as well as local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Ensure the safety of all patients, staff, students and visitors.
A qualified applicant MUST:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent (a degree is preferred).
- Pass an oral interview.
- Pass a background investigation.
- Pass a drug screen and psychological evaluation.
- Be able to obtain a valid State of Michigan drivers license.
- Have strong interpersonal skills.
- Be willing to work a variety of shifts.
- Possess excellent communications skills.
- Be a credible witness in court.
- Competitive salary including shift premiums
- Major medical and life insurance programs
- Holidays and vacation time
- Retirement plan
- Uniform allowance
- Tuition reimbursement program
Forward cover letter and one copy of resume to:
University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers
Attn: Erik Patterson
Med Inn Room C-150
1500 E. Medical Center Dr.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
All applications are submitted online. Please visit the U-M employment Web site.
Conduct a detailed search. Search by job title. Select "starts with," then in the text space, type "security."